- SPAIN PROVIDES LESSONS FOR UK B-BALL
- NBA PREVIEW: VAN GUNDY/JACKSON Q&A
- DENG WON’T SINK INTO LAKERS MESS
- NBA LONDON ON SALE OCT 28
- NBA GMs FORESEE FINALS RE-RUN
- FAGBENLE BACK FOR GB QUALIFIERS
- EUROLEAGUE TIPS OFF WITH SKY DEAL
- PRIDE READY TO BEAM IN WBBL
- NEIGHBOUR MAKING HIMSELF AT HOME AGAIN
- BBL SIGN MEDIA DEAL, OFFER GAME STREAMING
RICHARDS HAS SURGERY, DONE FOR SEASON?
- Updated: November 8, 2010
Ryan Richards will have to wait a little longer to prove he is ready for the NBA after undergoing a second shoulder surgery on Monday.
The Kent-born forward, who was chosen in the second round of last summer’s NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs, had already undergone one surgery on his left shoulder.
However the 19-year-old has confirmed that he has undergone a further repair which will keep him on the sidelines for a further five months, all but ending his hopes of playing this season.
Richards is expected to make his comeback in the NBA’s summer league next year. However, he could earn an invite to Great Britain’s training camp if he proves his fitness.