- GORDON SET TO CALL IT A COMEBACK
- SULLIVAN CALLING TIME ON GB SPELL
- LAMBLE SCHOOLS IT
- BBL LAND BBC BROADCAST DEAL
- NOT OKC, DURANT TO BE A WARRIOR
- DENG IN LINE TO BE A LAKER
- LEBRON BRINGS CLEVELAND ITS TITLE
- KAPOULAS PLANNING AHEAD FOR U20 BID
- NBA FINALS: van GUNDY/JACKSON
- NEW PLANS PROMISE TRANSFORMATION
RICHARDS HAS SURGERY, DONE FOR SEASON?
- Updated: November 8, 2010
Ryan Richards will have to wait a little longer to prove he is ready for the NBA after undergoing a second shoulder surgery on Monday.
The Kent-born forward, who was chosen in the second round of last summer’s NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs, had already undergone one surgery on his left shoulder.
However the 19-year-old has confirmed that he has undergone a further repair which will keep him on the sidelines for a further five months, all but ending his hopes of playing this season.
Richards is expected to make his comeback in the NBA’s summer league next year. However, he could earn an invite to Great Britain’s training camp if he proves his fitness.