- NEW PLANS PROMISE TRANSFORMATION
- BBL GETS ONE-YEAR LICENCE DEAL
- CSKA REPEL FENER TO WIN EUROLEAGUE
- FORCE ALREADY CHASING NEW LEEDS
- SHARKS GIVE HOGG AN OPEN SHOT
- SHEFFIELD SURGE TO BBL PLAYOFF TITLE
- FOR LEEDS, FORCE IS WITH THEM
- RIDERS HAVE CHAMPION FEELING
- 14 NATIONS GIVEN FIBA BANS
- FAGBENLE DRAFTED BY WNBA’S LYNX
RICHARDS HAS SURGERY, DONE FOR SEASON?
- Updated: November 8, 2010
Ryan Richards will have to wait a little longer to prove he is ready for the NBA after undergoing a second shoulder surgery on Monday.
The Kent-born forward, who was chosen in the second round of last summer’s NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs, had already undergone one surgery on his left shoulder.
However the 19-year-old has confirmed that he has undergone a further repair which will keep him on the sidelines for a further five months, all but ending his hopes of playing this season.
Richards is expected to make his comeback in the NBA’s summer league next year. However, he could earn an invite to Great Britain’s training camp if he proves his fitness.