- NBA LONDON ON SALE OCT 28
- NBA GMs FORESEE FINALS RE-RUN
- FAGBENLE BACK FOR GB QUALIFIERS
- EUROLEAGUE TIPS OFF WITH SKY DEAL
- PRIDE READY TO BEAM IN WBBL
- NEIGHBOUR MAKING HIMSELF AT HOME AGAIN
- BBL SIGN MEDIA DEAL, OFFER GAME STREAMING
- ACHARA READY FOR NEW ROCKY ROAD
- LAWRENCE READY FOR NEXT STOP
- SMITH OPTS FOR RETIREMENT
GB OLYMPIC UNIFORM LAUNCHED
- Updated: March 22, 2012
The Great Britain uniforms for the Olympic Games have been unveiled by Adidas and designer Stella McCartney at a ceremony at The Tower of London.
The basketball kit – modelled by GB captain Drew Sullivan – is focussed on the British flag, with the acclaimed fashionista “breaking down the iconic design and reconstructing it, creating a modern and contemporary twist. “
Stella McCartney said: “The first place to start on a project like this is to look at the Union flag.
“For me it’s one of the most beautiful flags in the world and it was important for me to stay true to that iconic design but also to modernise it and present it in a contemporary way.
“Ultimately, we wanted the athletes to feel like a team and be proud with the identity we created.”
The kit was revealed in London where over 30 athletes including Kieron Achara, Jessica Ennis and Phillips Idowu showcased the performance range including competition kit, training wear, the presentation suit, footwear and accessories which will be worn in competition as well as the opening and closing ceremonies.