- GRAY LINE: VOTE FOR BRAD
- BBL INSIDER: THE HISTORY BOYS
- BURTON HANDED U20 REINS
- NEWCASTLE CLOSE ON CLEAN SWEEP
- BRIT FOURSOME READY FOR MADNESS
- MORELAND KEEPS UP QUEST FOR CASH
- UK SPORT REVISION GIVES HOOPS HOPE
- BASKETBALL ESCAPES ENGLISH CUTS
- SPAIN, FRANCE ON WARM-UP LIST FOR GB WOMEN
- BBL INSIDER: LIFE AT NUMBER TWO
TEAM MVP MAKES IT COUNT AT NIKE 3v3
- Updated: March 1, 2012
Team MVP came within a whisker of winning Nike’s #makeitcount 3v3 event on London’s South Bank – losing by one point to Midnight Madness in an extremely competitive final.
The event was quite a spectacle, taking place at County Hall with the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament providing an awesome backdrop.
Team MVP (featuring freestyle extraordinaire Tarryn Algar, Westminster Warrior Tom Martin, dunk phenomenon Leon Bernard and West Herts Warrior Adam ‘Biscuit’ Lovelock) scrapped its way through three tough games before meeting Midnight Madness in the final (having beaten them earlier). Despite playing a 5-overtime game in their semi-final (!!) Midnight Madness still had the energy to pull off a narrow victory.
The tournament also featured teams from Hoopsfix, the London School of Basketball and Reach And Teach.
Stay tuned for more photos – and make sure you pick up a copy of April’s MVP Magazine for a full article.