The results of NBA.com’s 11th annual GM Survey are in, and once again Miami and LeBron James have been tipped to come out on top.
The General Managers of all 30 NBA teams were surveyed, collecting their responses to over 50 questions associated with teams, players, coaches and more.
Entering the 2012-13 NBA season, GMs predict the Miami Heat will repeat as NBA Champions; LeBron James will once again take home MVP honours; and New Orleans’ Anthony Davis will claim Rookie of the Year.
General Managers were not allowed to vote for their own team or personnel.
Top vote-getters include:
- Miami Heat – NBA Champion (70 percent of the vote)
- LeBron James, Miami – MVP (66.7 percent)
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans – Rookie of the Year (76.7 percent)
- Los Angeles Lakers –Western Conference Champions (60 percent)
- Chicago Bulls – Best Defensive Team (40 percent)
- Brooklyn Nets – Most Improved Team (62.1 percent)
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Best Home-court Advantage (70 percent) & Most Fun Team to Watch (30 percent)
- Gregg Popovich, San Antonio – Best Head Coach (80 percent)
- Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers – Best Point Guard (69 percent) & Best Leader (27.6 percent)
- Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers – Best Shooting Guard (66.7 percent)
- LeBron James, Miami Heat – Best Small Forward (73.3 percent)
- Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves – Best Power Forward (30 percent)
- Dwight Howard, L.A. Lakers – Best Centre (93.3 percent) & Best Defensive Player (60 percent)
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder – Player to Take the Last Shot with Game on the Line (46.7 percent)
- Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers – Best Basketball IQ (27.6 percent)
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder – Fastest Player with the Ball (36.7 percent)
- Andre Iguodala, Denver Nuggets – Most Underrated Player Acquisition (16.7 percent)
- Klay Thompson, Golden State – Most Likely to have a Breakout Season (13.3 percent)
- Jared Sullinger, Boston Celtics – Rookie Most Likely to be a “Sleeper” Success (17.2 percent)
Comments are closed on this post.