- HESSON, VAN OOSTRUM SIDELINED
- ANTHONY DAVIS TALKS ALL STAR
- EUROBASKET 2017 SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- 2017 NBA ALL STAR STARTERS UNVEILED
- EAGLES MAKE IT THREE TIMES THE CHARM
- MANCHESTER PRODUCE MAGIC ACT
- FINCH FINDS NUGGETS IN GOLDEN RISE
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NOT FOR NBA
- PAUL GEORGE TALKS MVP, LONDON
- FREE VIEW FOR NBA LONDON CLASH
EDINBURGH TAKE SCOTTISH CUP DOUBLE
- Updated: February 3, 2013
But the holders needed a second half surge to extinguish a surprise challenge from the surprise finalists.
“We knew that after our large win over them last week, they’d come at us hard,” said Kings coach Doug Reilly. “But once we pressurise on defence, it is very difficult to live with us.”
Edgars Rekis on Kings win.
It made it a double for the capital club at the Lagoon Centre with Hannah Peacock scoring 19 points as Edinburgh Kool Kats eased to a 77-62 win over Tayside Musketeers in the women’s final.
While Scotland prospects Sam Stott and Malcolm Winning were instrumental as Boroughmuir Blaze won both the junior and cadet men’s cups.
Scottish Cup Finals (Lagoon, Paisley). Men: Edinburgh Kings 81 Glasgow University 62, Women: Edinburgh Kool Kats 77 Tayside Musketeers 62, U16 Men: Boroughmuir Blaze 80 Ayrshire Tornadoes 60, U18 Women: Edinburgh Kool Kats 46 St Mirren 72, U16 Women: Glasgow Rocks 57 St Mirren 74, U18 Men: Boroughmuir Blaze 63 Tayside Musketeers 51