- CELEBRATING LOVE AND BASKETBALL
- HUMBY TO CHAIR BBF
- CELTICS TOO STRONG FOR MILANO
- BUCETA IS NEW GB WOMEN’S COACH
- SPAIN RECLAIM EURO THRONE
- FIBA: GB COULD GET WORSE BEFORE BETTER
- 2017 PROMISES REVOLUTION, GB THREAT
- MANCHESTER TRIP FOR GB’S ITALY TIE
- A TAYLOR MADE POSITION
- FRANCE FAVOURITES BUT EUROBASKET FILLED WITH PRIZES
EDINBURGH TAKE SCOTTISH CUP DOUBLE
- Updated: February 3, 2013
But the holders needed a second half surge to extinguish a surprise challenge from the surprise finalists.
“We knew that after our large win over them last week, they’d come at us hard,” said Kings coach Doug Reilly. “But once we pressurise on defence, it is very difficult to live with us.”
Edgars Rekis on Kings win.
It made it a double for the capital club at the Lagoon Centre with Hannah Peacock scoring 19 points as Edinburgh Kool Kats eased to a 77-62 win over Tayside Musketeers in the women’s final.
While Scotland prospects Sam Stott and Malcolm Winning were instrumental as Boroughmuir Blaze won both the junior and cadet men’s cups.
Scottish Cup Finals (Lagoon, Paisley). Men: Edinburgh Kings 81 Glasgow University 62, Women: Edinburgh Kool Kats 77 Tayside Musketeers 62, U16 Men: Boroughmuir Blaze 80 Ayrshire Tornadoes 60, U18 Women: Edinburgh Kool Kats 46 St Mirren 72, U16 Women: Glasgow Rocks 57 St Mirren 74, U18 Men: Boroughmuir Blaze 63 Tayside Musketeers 51