- GRAY LINE: VOTE FOR BRAD
- BBL INSIDER: THE HISTORY BOYS
- BURTON HANDED U20 REINS
- NEWCASTLE CLOSE ON CLEAN SWEEP
- BRIT FOURSOME READY FOR MADNESS
- MORELAND KEEPS UP QUEST FOR CASH
- UK SPORT REVISION GIVES HOOPS HOPE
- BASKETBALL ESCAPES ENGLISH CUTS
- SPAIN, FRANCE ON WARM-UP LIST FOR GB WOMEN
- BBL INSIDER: LIFE AT NUMBER TWO
VAN OOSTRUM BACK IN THE ACB
- Updated: February 26, 2013
Devon van Oostrum will get a chance to earn himself a career in the ACB after being brought back by Caja Laboral Baskonia.
The point guard, who missed out on Great Britain’s Olympic squad after a late cut by head coach Chris Finch, has been recalled from a season-long loan at second-tier Cacares.
With the Euroleague signing deadline past, he will feature only in domestic competution, replacing Carlos Cabezas, who has had his contract terminated due to what the team claim is a disciplinary issue.
However van Oostrum admitted to some sadness about leaving his previous team.
“They treated me very well, as did the fans,” he said. “I have nothing but words of thanks for them, my team-mates, the coach and the technical staff.”