- LEBRON BRINGS CLEVELAND ITS TITLE
- KAPOULAS PLANNING AHEAD FOR U20 BID
- NBA FINALS: van GUNDY/JACKSON
- NEW PLANS PROMISE TRANSFORMATION
- BBL GETS ONE-YEAR LICENCE DEAL
- CSKA REPEL FENER TO WIN EUROLEAGUE
- FORCE ALREADY CHASING NEW LEEDS
- SHARKS GIVE HOGG AN OPEN SHOT
- SHEFFIELD SURGE TO BBL PLAYOFF TITLE
- FOR LEEDS, FORCE IS WITH THEM
VAN OOSTRUM BACK IN THE ACB
- Updated: February 26, 2013
Devon van Oostrum will get a chance to earn himself a career in the ACB after being brought back by Caja Laboral Baskonia.
The point guard, who missed out on Great Britain’s Olympic squad after a late cut by head coach Chris Finch, has been recalled from a season-long loan at second-tier Cacares.
With the Euroleague signing deadline past, he will feature only in domestic competution, replacing Carlos Cabezas, who has had his contract terminated due to what the team claim is a disciplinary issue.
However van Oostrum admitted to some sadness about leaving his previous team.
“They treated me very well, as did the fans,” he said. “I have nothing but words of thanks for them, my team-mates, the coach and the technical staff.”