- NEW PLANS PROMISE TRANSFORMATION
- BBL GETS ONE-YEAR LICENCE DEAL
- CSKA REPEL FENER TO WIN EUROLEAGUE
- FORCE ALREADY CHASING NEW LEEDS
- SHARKS GIVE HOGG AN OPEN SHOT
- SHEFFIELD SURGE TO BBL PLAYOFF TITLE
- FOR LEEDS, FORCE IS WITH THEM
- RIDERS HAVE CHAMPION FEELING
- 14 NATIONS GIVEN FIBA BANS
- FAGBENLE DRAFTED BY WNBA’S LYNX
TOM MAHER OUT AS GB WOMEN’S COACH
- Updated: March 7, 2013
The Australian has kept a determined silence about his future since last year’s Olympics where GB failed to win a game but he has become the latest departee, leaving former assistant Damian Jennings as favourite to take over the job for this summer’s EuroBasket in France.
With his current contract up, Maher is understood to have accepted a second term in charge of China, who he guided to fourth place at the Beijing Games of 2008, agreeing a reported four-year deal.
Under his charge, he nursed Britain up the FIBA rankings and into the second round of the 2011 EuroBasket in Poland.
However with a lesser budget, and without the lure of a home Olympics, it was considered unlikely that he would agree a contract extension.