- FOR LEEDS, FORCE IS WITH THEM
- RIDERS HAVE CHAMPION FEELING
- 14 NATIONS GIVEN FIBA BANS
- FAGBENLE DRAFTED BY WNBA’S LYNX
- KOBE BLITZS INTO THE SUNSET
- SCOTS SHAKE-UP ON CARDS
- RIDERS READY TO PROFIT FROM TITLE LEAD
- TROPHY SHAKE-UP ON THE TABLE
- FREELAND, FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE
- RIDERS SHATTER EAGLES MONOPOLY
TOM MAHER OUT AS GB WOMEN’S COACH
- Updated: March 7, 2013
The Australian has kept a determined silence about his future since last year’s Olympics where GB failed to win a game but he has become the latest departee, leaving former assistant Damian Jennings as favourite to take over the job for this summer’s EuroBasket in France.
With his current contract up, Maher is understood to have accepted a second term in charge of China, who he guided to fourth place at the Beijing Games of 2008, agreeing a reported four-year deal.
Under his charge, he nursed Britain up the FIBA rankings and into the second round of the 2011 EuroBasket in Poland.
However with a lesser budget, and without the lure of a home Olympics, it was considered unlikely that he would agree a contract extension.