- DENG GETS WINNING DEBUT IN MIAMI
- HARDAWAY PREPPED FOR LONDON TRIP
- BBL INSIDER: COOK BLOWS IN
- FUNDING POLICY UP FOR DEBATE
- CROCKED NASH LIKELY DONE
- NBA: THE JACKSON FIVE
- NBA LONDON GAME TICKETS ON SALE OCT 31
- MJ: 82 GAMES WAS NEVER AN ISSUE
- BBL INSIDER: FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT
- NBA LAUNCHES LEAGUE IN LONDON
TOM MAHER OUT AS GB WOMEN’S COACH
- Updated: March 7, 2013
The Australian has kept a determined silence about his future since last year’s Olympics where GB failed to win a game but he has become the latest departee, leaving former assistant Damian Jennings as favourite to take over the job for this summer’s EuroBasket in France.
With his current contract up, Maher is understood to have accepted a second term in charge of China, who he guided to fourth place at the Beijing Games of 2008, agreeing a reported four-year deal.
Under his charge, he nursed Britain up the FIBA rankings and into the second round of the 2011 EuroBasket in Poland.
However with a lesser budget, and without the lure of a home Olympics, it was considered unlikely that he would agree a contract extension.