- BBL INSIDER: WASHINGTON UP TO SPEED
- PHOENIX BIG ON STURGESS
- BBL INSIDER: COFFINO’S CHESHIRE CHANGE
- NEW EURO DIARY HANDS GB MEN EMPTY SUMMER
- NBA RANGE: PEERLESS DIRK A EURO IDOL
- SCORING LEADER DIRK SET FOR GERMAN RETURN
- BBL INSIDER: OFF TO A FLYER
- WALES SIGN ON FOR GB SET-UP
- FUNDING DEAL SECURES GB FUTURE
- NBA RANGE: IS THE CROWN SLIPPING?
GB TEAMS GET SEVEN MILLION IN BACKING
- Updated: March 22, 2013
However the award, the agency say, will be on a one-year conditional basis with the following three years funding released only on the fulfilment of strict performance criteria.
It is a cut of just £1.2 million from their Lottery backing ahead of the London Olympics and follows a successful appeal against the original decision to pull all their cash support last year.
Much now will rest on the results of Great Britain’s senior sides at this summer’s EuroBaskets.
But the sport’s chiefs will now be able to finalise budgets to hire senior team coaching staff, as well as other contractors in support roles which have been put on hold, pending the decision.