- WORLD CUP LOGO UNVEILED
- RIDERS BLOW PLYMOUTH APART
- DENG’S STOCK AT LAKERS SINKS
- HESSON, VAN OOSTRUM SIDELINED
- ANTHONY DAVIS TALKS ALL STAR
- EUROBASKET 2017 SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- 2017 NBA ALL STAR STARTERS UNVEILED
- EAGLES MAKE IT THREE TIMES THE CHARM
- MANCHESTER PRODUCE MAGIC ACT
- FINCH FINDS NUGGETS IN GOLDEN RISE
GB TEAMS GET SEVEN MILLION IN BACKING
- Updated: March 22, 2013
However the award, the agency say, will be on a one-year conditional basis with the following three years funding released only on the fulfilment of strict performance criteria.
It is a cut of just £1.2 million from their Lottery backing ahead of the London Olympics and follows a successful appeal against the original decision to pull all their cash support last year.
Much now will rest on the results of Great Britain’s senior sides at this summer’s EuroBaskets.
But the sport’s chiefs will now be able to finalise budgets to hire senior team coaching staff, as well as other contractors in support roles which have been put on hold, pending the decision.