- BBL FUTURE UNDER THREAT
- BBL INSIDER: THE HOUSE OF HOOPS
- ARCHERS HIT THEIR CUP TARGET
- BBL INSIDER: THE LONDON JOB
- MELO FAR FROM MELLOW AT KNICKS DROP
- PRUNTY ON BOARD FOR NEXT GB RUN
- BBL INSIDER: WILL EAGLES SOAR OUT OF REACH?
- CULTURED EAGLES SOAR TO BBL CUP
- BBL INSIDER: BREAKING GROUND
- PHOENIX OFFLOAD HODGE
GB TEAMS GET SEVEN MILLION IN BACKING
- Updated: March 22, 2013
However the award, the agency say, will be on a one-year conditional basis with the following three years funding released only on the fulfilment of strict performance criteria.
It is a cut of just £1.2 million from their Lottery backing ahead of the London Olympics and follows a successful appeal against the original decision to pull all their cash support last year.
Much now will rest on the results of Great Britain’s senior sides at this summer’s EuroBaskets.
But the sport’s chiefs will now be able to finalise budgets to hire senior team coaching staff, as well as other contractors in support roles which have been put on hold, pending the decision.