- IS SOCIAL MEDIA TO BLAME FOR SNEAKER INSANITY?
- WESTBROOK: I’M BEST PG IN THE NBA
- SWAGGY P: “I SHOWED KOBE THE ROPES THIS SUMMER”
- HARDEN: “AT TIMES, MY DEFENCE IS PRETTY BAD”
- KD ON CRITICS: F*** EM
- BRISTOL OFF TO A FLYER
- THE GREATEST DUNK OF ALL TIME
- DRAKE WANTS TO MAKE MUSIC WITH LEBRON
- JACKSON: KOBE TRAINED HARDER THAN MJ
- CHRIS BROWN GETS BUCKETS
COLLINS MARKS 100, GB SEE OFF GERMANS
- Updated: May 26, 2013
Great Britain defeated Germany 68-64 in overtime in Guildford on Sunday as Stef Collins marked her 100th cap with a fine display.
Regulation ended with the teams level at 57-57 after Collins tied things up from the line with 3.7 seconds left.
And it was fellow guard Rachel Vanderwal who wrapped up GB’s second victory of this weekend’s four-nation tournament from the line in the closing seconds, scoring five of the hosts’ 11 points in the extra period, including a three-pointer that sent her side ahead for good.
Steph Gandy had a team-high 17 points for Britain, who take on Greece in the final game of the four-nation tournament on Monday.
“My team-mates happened to get me the ball at the right time,” said Gandy. “We trained on this breathing machine called a Hypoxic, and while [Germany] ran out of gas, we just kept going and going!”