- LEBRON BRINGS CLEVELAND ITS TITLE
- KAPOULAS PLANNING AHEAD FOR U20 BID
- NBA FINALS: van GUNDY/JACKSON
- NEW PLANS PROMISE TRANSFORMATION
- BBL GETS ONE-YEAR LICENCE DEAL
- CSKA REPEL FENER TO WIN EUROLEAGUE
- FORCE ALREADY CHASING NEW LEEDS
- SHARKS GIVE HOGG AN OPEN SHOT
- SHEFFIELD SURGE TO BBL PLAYOFF TITLE
- FOR LEEDS, FORCE IS WITH THEM
SPAIN, SERBIA INTO SEMIS
- Updated: June 26, 2013
Spain and Serbia are the first two teams into the semi-finals of EuroBasket Women.
The Serbs, losers to Great Britain in the opening round, delivered a late comeback to defeat Italy 85-79.
The Italian led for most of the game, with their cause helped by Giorgia Sottano’s game-high 22 points.
Italy were up 5 with two minutes left but it wasn’t enough. An 11-1 burst to close was perfectly timed their fairytale continued.
Sancho Lyttle had 23 points and 12 boards as Spain roled to a 75-58 victory – and into the last four
The Czechs were down 17 in the first half with Alba Torrens unstoppable on her way to a game-best 29 points.
However the Czechs hit back level in the third but couldn’t keep up their moment.
But the tournament is not over for Wednesday’s two losing team. The classification round to decide places 5 to 8 begins on Thursday, with the top five teams guaranteed a spot at next year’s world championships in Turkey.