- BUCETA IS NEW GB WOMEN’S COACH
- SPAIN RECLAIM EURO THRONE
- FIBA: GB COULD GET WORSE BEFORE BETTER
- 2017 PROMISES REVOLUTION, GB THREAT
- MANCHESTER TRIP FOR GB’S ITALY TIE
- A TAYLOR MADE POSITION
- FRANCE FAVOURITES BUT EUROBASKET FILLED WITH PRIZES
- DENG SAYS GB LACKS CLEAR GOALS
- BUCKLE OUT AS GB BOSS
- YOUNG HEADS GB WIN
#OWNTHEHOOP HITS LONDON
- Updated: August 28, 2014
John Ware shoots his way to a place at the Foot Locker 3 point contest final in Madrid – and the chance to win a trip to New York.
Foot Locker’s #ownthehoop European tour hit London on Wednesday night – with 50 ballers battling for a shot at at trip to New York to see an NBA game.
To be in with a chance of winning that prize, however, they’d need to qualify for the grand final in Madrid – which takes place in September.
There was a wide array of talent on display – from blatant novices to seasoned shooters.
Shooting from three ball racks, with the classic “money ball” at the end of each one, the contestants were whittled down to 6 – who then competed for the winning spot.
It was cold-blooded John Ware who came through in the clutch, to secure a spot at the final in Madrid.