- WORLD CUP LOGO UNVEILED
- RIDERS BLOW PLYMOUTH APART
- DENG’S STOCK AT LAKERS SINKS
- HESSON, VAN OOSTRUM SIDELINED
- ANTHONY DAVIS TALKS ALL STAR
- EUROBASKET 2017 SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- 2017 NBA ALL STAR STARTERS UNVEILED
- EAGLES MAKE IT THREE TIMES THE CHARM
- MANCHESTER PRODUCE MAGIC ACT
- FINCH FINDS NUGGETS IN GOLDEN RISE
DENG RATES LONDON DETOUR
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Luol Deng has told his fellow NBAers to make the most of next week’s Global Games in London.
The former Great Britain international, now playing for the LA Lakers, will be on the other side of the Atlantic when the Denver Nuggets and Indiana Pacers face off at The 02 next Thursday (NBA League Pass/BT Sport 1).
But Deng, who came to the city with his former team, the Chicago Bulls, reckons the league’s annual UK detour is an unique experience.
“I’m always excited when it happens – there’s always hope that the UK will start taking basketball more seriously,” the two-time NBA All Star said. “The NBA is serious about it and wants to bring awareness and let the fans be a part of it.
“I had the chance to play [in London] when we played the Utah Jazz when I was with the Chicago Bulls and because I’m from London I really enjoyed it. All my teammates enjoyed the city, loved the fans and the game. When you’re from the US, going to the UK is an easy transition – it’s culturally very similar, especially the language and everything.”