- ANTHONY DAVIS TALKS ALL STAR
- EUROBASKET 2017 SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- 2017 NBA ALL STAR STARTERS UNVEILED
- EAGLES MAKE IT THREE TIMES THE CHARM
- MANCHESTER PRODUCE MAGIC ACT
- FINCH FINDS NUGGETS IN GOLDEN RISE
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NOT FOR NBA
- PAUL GEORGE TALKS MVP, LONDON
- FREE VIEW FOR NBA LONDON CLASH
- NATE MCMILLAN Q&A
PG1 GETS FIRST AIRING IN LONDON
- Updated: January 12, 2017
In a first, Nike will debut one of their signature basketball shoes in London tonight – with Paul George giving a debut appearance to his own kicks.
The Indiana Pacers forward becomes the fourth active player to have his own range – joining LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant – and the 21st to have his name on the Swoosh.
The lightweight, low cut PG1 is a collaboration between the NBA All Star and designer Tony Hardman.
The simple, highly functional silhouette features a distinctive forefoot strap anchored by Flywire cable loops providing a dynamic, contained feel, while a forefoot Zoom Air unit delivers low-profile, responsive cushioning.
The look connects to George’s love of gaming and his status as cover athlete of the video game NBA 2K17 – the shoe features a unique sock-liner. A bobber inspired lace lock serves as a special nod to his other favourite pastime, fishing.
It will cost £90 and will launch for sale later this year.